All rules set forth for the Asheville Marathon & Half have been established in order to protect the safety of our participants and keep us in good standing with governing body, the USATF (Sanction number and Certification Code #NC14024DF). Your cooperation is greatly appreciated in helping everyone to enjoy race day.
- No wheeled vehicles are allowed on the course at any time. All bikes, wheelchairs, strollers, motorcycles, cars, etc. will be immediately removed by race personnel.
- Only registered participants may be on the course during the 6 1/2 hour event.
- Participants must stay on the official course at all times. It is the responsibility of each participant to know the course and follow the appropriate color-coded signage. Participants who leave the course will automatically be disqualified. Please see the course map to learn the course before race day.
- Only participants wearing the provided bib with timing tag will be timed and included in the final race results.
- There is NO race day registration.
- Inclement Weather: In the event of dangerous weather conditions, the organizers reserve the right to cancel the race. Entry fees will be non-refundable.
- All vehicles must be parked in the designated parking areas. Parking on paved roads and blocking roads is not permitted. Cars parked illegally will be ticketed and are subject to being towed.
- All participants are expected to display courteous, professional behavior at all times.
- Runners and spectators are encouraged to carpool