MARCH 16, 2024
RUN THE FASTEST COURSE IN ASHEVILLE, NC!
Join us for the 12th Annual Asheville Marathon & Half
The event is a USATF sanctioned event and both courses are USATF certified. The race will remain a Boston Qualifier.*
Both races start in the heart of downtown AVL (Pack Square Park) and weave their way down to the French Broad River. Runners will run downhill from downtown on flat, fast roads, along the river, through the parks and finish at the Wedge at Foundation on Foundy Street in the River Arts District (RAD). These races are point-to-point, making them fast!!!
The greenway is scenic and flat, and we’ll have entertainment along the way to keep you revved up (think live music, cheer zones and festive water stations). With a net elevation loss, this course is primed and ready for your next PR!
* City of Asheville Permit pending. Watch for upcoming information on course upgrades! (Both courses will be USATF Sanctioned and Certified with new course changes.)
Run the Asheville Marathon and Half
The Asheville Marathon & Half run through the best parts of the City of Asheville, North Carolina. Including downtown city streets, River Arts District, along the French Broad River, and through the park for this city-style, point-to-point race. These fast races are a dream come true for runners looking to get a personal best in the mountains of Western North Carolina. The majority of the miles are downhill from downtown and ‘flat’ running along the river on the greenway and through the city parks. Runners are on mostly paved surfaces throughout the entire event with a few dirt sections within Carrier Park and on Hominy Creek Trail.
What’s included in your entry
- Entry into either the half or marathon
- An unforgettable, unique ‘boutique-style’ race experience from start to finish
- Free Shuttle Ticket on race day (to and from the race) ($20 value)
Complimentary, high-quality race photos
- Professionally Chip Timed Race
- Live Results
- A unique Commemorative Finisher Medal
- Dri-Fit, technical running Shirt (until deadline)
- A Free Beer from the Wedge at Foundation to enjoy after those miles!
- Free access to Pre-Race Expo
- A goody bag loaded full of goodies
- USATF Sanctioned Event & USATF Certified Courses
- Boston Qualifier