WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!
We know you have all trained to hard for the Asheville Marathon and Half at Biltmore Estate on March 21 & 22. We hope you will join our Virtual Run and share with us your photos and videos. We would LOVE to share them and continue to encourage the love of running. To join our virtual run, click the button below.
Asheville Marathon voted best weekend experience by BibRave100
Why run the Asheville Marathon and Half at Biltmore Estate?
Here are some of the TOP reasons why we think you should join us in March!
• Both courses are run entirely on the Biltmore Estate property and wind through areas of the estate that are typically off-limits to guests.
• Your race entry becomes an all-day pass for the Biltmore Estate and can be easily upgraded to tour the House at a discounted rate.
• You can upgrade your race entry for a SEASON PASS at Biltmore Estate for a discounted rate. Visit Biltmore as many times as you’d like!
• Unique Two-Day Running Challenges: Marathon not enough? Sign up for the Backyard to Backyard Challenge (run the Saturday AND Sunday half marathons) OR Backyard to Vineyard Challenge (run the Saturday half marathon AND Sunday full marathon).
• Convenient race day shuttles from two Asheville locations (DoubleTree Biltmore Hotel and AB Tech campus).
• An official USATF sanctioned event!
• The Asheville Marathon is a Boston Qualifier race.
• There’ll be beautiful Boutique-style photographs taken on the course and throughout the race that will be available for purchase.
• A free Dri-Fit Tee with your entry!
• Asheville Marathon and Half custom-designed buffs. You can use them in so many ways!
• Course marshals, rescue and medical support teams, and excellent signage on course.
• Fully-stocked and FUN water stations managed by local non-profits.
• Goody bags filled with swag from our race partners.
• FREE BEER FREE BEER FREE BEER (Thank you Oskar Blues Brewery!)
• Massages by Yoga and Massage.
• PARTAY at the finish line with music and dancing!
SIGN UP BEFORE SPACES RUN OUT! THIS RACE IS LIMITED TO 3,000 RUNNERS!
This year’s Charity Partner: The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Asheville Marathon’s Race Director Daphne Kirkwood shares her personal journey with Lymphoma
“Cancer is a word, not a sentence.” – John Diamon
For Daphne Kirkwood, cancer was more like a question mark. It was the last thing she expected to hear from her doctors after finding herself lying on the hospital floor, writhing in pain. It was the kind of pain so intense she thought she had days, if not hours left to live.
“When they said it was lymphoma, I was like, ‘Cancer lymphoma? No. Cancer lymphoma?’”
BEAUTIFUL COURSE AND SCENIC VIEWS
ABOUT THE RACE
In the Asheville Marathon & Half, held on and run entirely on the grounds of the Biltmore Estate, runners will wind through paved and packed dirt roads to see hardwood forest, meadows, gardens, and extraordinary views of the Biltmore House and Estate. This is the original Asheville Marathon and first race of its kind to come to Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Carolina; don’t miss out on being part of history at Biltmore Estate.
To enhance our runners experience in America’s Largest Backyard, the full and half marathon are boutique style races have a limited number of 1,525 participants on each day.
While other marathons and halves present you with monotonous scenes of asphalt, steel, and glass, the marathon course around Biltmore provide depth and diversification: from the marvels of gardening and architecture that is the Estate itself, to lesser tamed, more challenging stretches that lie at the end of the race, along the rustic banks of the French Broad River. Enjoy this boutique race with all it’s historic surroundings, and fantastic amenities, including Shuttle Transportation, Race Expo, VIP Packages, and Partner Hotels for a unique race experience.
Half Marathon runners experience the first 10 miles running along the same course with the full marathoners; enjoying all the European Gardens, the exquisite views of the Biltmore House, the manicured grounds and everything that is the civilized side of the Estate.
With the European-style formal gardens left in your wake, Full Marathon participants will move into a much different passageway, encompassed by untamed foliage and less civilized terrain. The wild side of Biltmore: Where few eyes have seen… Where few feet have trod… a different kind of Biltmore experience awaits.
Asheville Marathon nominated by BibRave 100 for 2nd year in a row
The Asheville Marathon was rated one of the top 10 Best Weekend Experience Marathons in the United States by BibRave 100. Read our blog to find out more.
2019 STATE CHALLENGE
We’d love to run with runners from every single state next year! Join our challenge and put your state on the map.
RIDE THE SHUTTLE
To encourage an eco-friendly event and to help reduce congestion on the Estate consider using the ‘easy way’ into Biltmore and ride one of our shuttles. We have two shuttle locations.
Buy Your Tickets!
Enjoy a 26.2 or 13.1 challenge, or BOTH, in America’s largest backyard!
The Asheville Marathon is a certified race course and a Boston Marathon Qualifying event! USATF Sanction #16-13-044 and Certification Code #NC14024DF