Elevate Your Running Adventure in Asheville
There’s nowhere quite like Asheville, North Carolina. It’s an authentic destination where natural beauty and creativity collide. Down her streets, around each neighborhood, and through her greenways lies a vibrant energy and independent spirit that is unrivaled. And whether you run 26.2 or 13.1, you’ll love everything she has to offer.
Use the links below to explore specific event details:
2024 Race Gear
Register before Sunday, February 4 to receive a free commemorative, dry-fit shirt. Race shirts will be available for purchase after the deadline. All participants receive a custom medal at the finish line.
Celebrate your triumph and showcase your post-race pride with our exclusive collection of finisher gear! Each item goes beyond being just a shirt; it's a symbol of your dedication, endurance, and remarkable achievement. Elevate your running experience and make a statement with these distinctive badges of honor.
General Race Overview
Spring in the mountains means anything is possible. In the past 12 years, we've seen start time temperatures fluctuate drastically. We recommend wearing layers, especially at the beginning of the race. We will provide a bag drop so that you can shed layers before the start of the race.
All rules set forth for the Asheville Marathon & Half have been established in order to protect the safety of our participants and keep us in good standing with governing body, the USATF (Sanction number and Certification Code #NC14024DF). Your cooperation is greatly appreciated in helping everyone to enjoy race day.
- No wheeled vehicles are allowed on the course at any time. All bikes, wheelchairs, strollers, motorcycles, cars, etc. will be immediately removed by race personnel.
- Only registered participants may be on the course during the 6 1/2 hour event.
- Participants must stay on the official course at all times. It is the responsibility of each participant to know the course and follow the appropriate color-coded signage. Participants who leave the course will automatically be disqualified. Please see the course map to learn the course before race day.
- Only participants wearing the provided bib with timing tag will be timed and included in the final race results.
- Inclement Weather: In the event of dangerous weather conditions, the organizers reserve the right to cancel the race. Entry fees will be non-refundable.
- All vehicles must be parked in the designated parking areas. Parking on paved roads and blocking roads is not permitted. Cars parked illegally will be ticketed and are subject to being towed.
- All participants are expected to display courteous, professional behavior at all times.
- Runners and spectators are encouraged to carpool
Did you register to participate in-person but can't make it on race day? You don't have to miss out! You can transfer your registration to the virtual event at any point before the start of the race. In the virtual event, you'll run anywhere you like, post your results, and have your swag mailed to you after the event.
TRANSFERS: All participants can transfer into the virtual version of their event up until the start of the event. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the transfer. There will be no refunds for the price difference between events. Transfers during the week of the event will cost $10 (beginning Monday, March 11th). Transfers between participants are prohibited. Participants who run with another runner's bib will be automatically DQd and bandits will be banned from future iDaph events.
REFUNDS: We have a small, but mighty team that is working on all the details to produce this event safely for you and everyone in our community in attendance. We are incurring the expenses for production well before the day of the event, and we will not be able to provide a refund to you should you want to cancel your registration, or if the event itself has to be cancelled due to a change in the status of the pandemic, weather, an act of god, or other unforeseen circumstance.
DEFERRALS: We do not allow deferrals from race to race. If you're unable to make it on race day, you may switch to the virtual option.
CANCELLATION: In the event of an unforeseen circumstance, such as an emergency, an act of god, not receiving approval of final event permits, or change in pandemic status resulting in the inability to have the in-person event, we reserve the right to cancel the event and automatically convert all in-person registrations to the virtual option. Should this occur, your swag will be mailed to you for free.