You don’t have to run to participate in the fun!
How to Attend
There is an entrance fee for spectators to get on to Biltmore Estate property, which is privately owned and not open to the general public. Spectator tickets can be purchased at the Race Expo and at the Group Sales office (first building on your left when entering Biltmore) on race day starting at 6am.
Biltmore Estate ground + garden tickets are $55 at full price. The Estate is giving spectators a significant race day only discount!!
ONE DAY TICKETS:
- $25 + tax for Biltmore Annual Passholders
- $20 + tax for those without Annual Pass
TWO DAY TICKETS:
- $35 + tax for Biltmore Annual Passholders
- $41 + tax for those without Annual Pass
- Runners that want to visit the house on Friday or Monday will need to purchase a two day ticket plus the adult upgrade ticket
- Runner + Spectator tickets can be upgraded for house visits on race day at one of the Guest Service kiosks.
~Runner + Spectator tickets can be upgraded for house visits on race day at one of the Guest Service kiosks on the Biltmore Estate – NOT at the Race Expo. Upgrades can be purchased at the Group Sales Office on Biltmore on Friday, March 18th (with race/spectator ticket in hand) until the office closes at 5pm and from 6:00am-5pm on Saturday, March 19 & Sunday, March 20. They can also be purchased at the main ticket center from 8:30am-6:30pm and Biltmore’s other guest service locations on property during Biltmore’s normal operating hours.
SPECTATORS TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE ON THE FOLLOWING DATES AND LOCATIONS
- March 18, 2022 – Race Expo – 11am-7pm – at DoubleTree Hotel
- March 19, 2022– Mini Race Expo + Packet Pick-up at DoubleTree Hotel – 2-7pm
- Also, spectator tickets may be purchased at the Group Sales office on the Estate, on both race mornings beginning at 6:00 a.m.
Spectator viewing is limited during the event to the Start/Finish, Antler Hill Village and Farm Trail area due to no cars being allowed on the course during the event.
Due to the inclusivity of the shuttle ticket in the race registration fee and due to COVID restrictions, we will not offer shuttle tickets for spectators. Spectators can drive into the estate (with a spectator ticket), UBER or use LYFT. Spectators are not allowed on shuttles.
Spectator Tips: Best Spot to Watch
We encourage spectators to line the course around the Antler Hill Village area and cheer on the participants. The experience of watching a world-class marathon is very thrilling and motivating – even early on a Sunday morning! Along the French Broad River, near Antler Hill Village there will be great spots for family and friends to see the runners several different times during the event; this will be the designated spectator viewing and cheering locations. Spectators will be unable to venture over the bridge to the west side during the race.
While you’re there, Volunteer!
Volunteers and spectators are some of the most important people in the Asheville Marathon & Half on race day! Family and friends are encouraged to volunteer at the event to see your family member up-close and personal during the event! Seize the opportunities to volunteer at this event to come and check it out or do a little extra if you are racing this weekend. We take good care of our volunteers with food, drinks, and a comfy volunteer t-shirt.