Directions to the Asheville Marathon & Half at the Biltmore Estate
From Interstate 40 East: Take I-40 east to Asheville. Take exit 50 (US Highway 25), then turn left at the traffic light after exiting. Stay in the left lane and follow signs to the Biltmore entrance.
From Interstate 40 West: Take I-40 west to Asheville and take exit 50B (US Highway 25 North). After exiting, stay in the left lane and follow signs to the Biltmore entrance.
From Interstate 26/U.S. Highway 19/23 East: Take I-26 east to Asheville. In Asheville, take I-240 east to I-40 west. Follow Interstate 40 west to exit 50B (US Highway 25 North). After exiting, stay in the left lane and follow signs to the Biltmore entrance.
From Interstate 26 West: Follow I-26 west towards Asheville to exit 31A (Hickory/Knoxville exit). Take I-40 east to exit 50 (US Highway 25), then turn left at the traffic light after exiting. Stay in the left lane and follow signs to the Biltmore entrance.
From the Blue Ridge Parkway: Take the U.S. Highway 25 North exit; Biltmore is approximately 4 miles from the parkway.
Air Travel Information
The Asheville Regional Airport (AVL) serves more than one million passengers per year. It offers non-stop flights and easy connections through the major US hubs of:
Washington, D.C./Baltimore (BWI)
as well as service to/from:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
Orlando Sanford (SFB)
Punta Gorda/Ft. Myers (PGD)
St. Pete/Clearwater (PIE)
Vero Beach (VRB)
Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
The airport currently offers service from Allegiant, American, Delta, Elite, Spirit, and United Airlines. In season, with approximately 25 round trip flights per day, a non-stop flight or single connection can get you to Asheville from just about anywhere.
Located 10 miles (approximately 15 minutes) from downtown, AVL is served by major rental car companies as well as a host of other ground transportation providers.
- Bus Service – ART System: (828) 253-5691
- Greyhound and Trailways: (828) 253-5353
- Popular ridesharing services Uber and Lyft operate within the greater Asheville area and are easy to access via their mobile apps.
- At the Asheville Regional Airport (AVL), the rideshare pick-up area is located past the north end of the airport terminal.
- If you plan to travel to Biltmore Estate by an external transportation service such as taxi, Uber or Lyft, you will be responsible for your own transportation several times during your visit. Alternatively, you may visit Biltmore Guest Services to make a reservation for the Biltmore Express shuttle service at an additional charge. Find more information about transportation at Biltmore.