All rules set forth for the Asheville Marathon & Half at Biltmore Estate have been established in order to protect the safety of our participants and keep us in good standing with Biltmore Estate and our governing body, the USATF (Sanction #14-13-448 and Certification Code #NC14024DF). Your cooperation is greatly appreciated in helping everyone to enjoy race day.
- No wheeled vehicles are allowed on the course at any time. All bikes, wheelchairs, strollers, motorcycles, cars, etc. will be immediately removed by race personnel.
- Only registered participants may be on the course during the 6 1/2 hour event. Spectators are asked to remain on the side of the roads and remain in close proximity to the Antler Hill Village area. Spectators will not be permitted to cross the bridge to the west side of the estate during the MARATHON event.
- Participants must stay on the official course at all times. It is the responsibility of each participant to know the course and follow the appropriate color-coded signage. Participants who leave the course will automatically be disqualified. Please see the course map to learn the course before race day.
- Only participants wearing the provided bib with timing tag will be timed and included in the final race results.
- Race entry DOES NOT include all-day access to the Biltmore House and grounds. Tickets can be upgraded at Biltmore Estate on race day at Guest Kiosks (upgrades cannot be made at the Race Expo).
- There is NO race day registration.
- Inclement Weather: In the event of dangerous weather conditions, the organizers reserve the right to cancel the race. Entry fees will be non-refundable.
- All vehicles must be parked in the designated parking areas. Parking on paved roads and blocking roads is not permitted. Cars parked illegally will be ticketed and are subject to being towed.
- All participants are expected to display courteous, professional behavior at all times.
- Runners and spectators are encouraged to carpool.
- All race activities on the property must be arranged in a manner that does not inconvenience other Biltmore Estate guests or intrude on their enjoyment of the Biltmore Estate.
- Spectators are required to buy a spectator ticket to watch the event. This is a special event entrance fee, which allows spectators to access the Race Hub Area on Biltmore Estate. If you wish to visit the Biltmore House and grounds, visit information on purchasing spectator tickets.
- Biltmore Passholders are required to buy a spectator ticket if they enter the estate prior to normal business hours because this is a special event. If they arrive at Biltmore during normal business hours, they are not required to purchase a spectator ticket.
- According to NC Liquor laws, alcohol may not be purchased or served on Sunday until after noon. All post-race alcohol will be served after noon on Sunday. Available only to participants age 21 and up; IDs will be checked.
- Please see the Asheville Marathon & Half Checkpoints Info below to understand the Half Marathon & Full Marathon time limit requirements. Any runner not able to make it to the following checkpoints will be required to board the SAG shuttle van, which will follow the last runner for the entire race, and your race bib will be marked. Those on the shuttle will be required to remain onboard until the last runner has reached the finish line. Runners will not be allowed to have a post race finishing awards or prizes if you are picked up in the sag vehicle, however, you may enjoy the post race party and food at the finish area.
HALF MARATHON CHECKPOINTS (race begins at 7:30 am):
- Half Marathon Participants must be at Checkpoint at Admissions Gate located at mile 3 by 8:45 a.m. The Half Marathon begins at 7:30 a.m, so you need to be at this 1st checkpoint by 8:45 a.m.
- Half Marathon Participants must be at Checkpoint at Biltmore House located at mile 6 by 9:00 a.m.
- Half Marathon Participants must be at Checkpoint at Bearpen at 7.5 miles by 9:30 a.m.
- Half Marathon Participants must be at Checkpoint at the Bridge located at mile 10 by 10:10 a.m.
- There is 3.5 hr. time limit on the course. When you register, you confirm that you understand the time limit is 3.5 hrs.
MARATHON CHECKPOINTS (race begins at 7:30 am):
- Admissions Gate at mile 3 by 8:45 a.m.
- Biltmore House at mile 6 – by 9am (1 1/2 hrs from race start)
- Marathon Participants must be at Bearpin at 7.5 miles by 9:30 a.m.
- Beat the Bridge at mile 10 (East to Westside) – 10am (2 1/2 hrs from race start)
- Beat the Bridge at mile 17 (West back to Eastside) – 11:45am (4 hrs 15 min from race start)
- Complete the race in 6 1/2 hrs (from race start) When you register for the marathon you will confirm that you understand the course time limit is 6.5 hrs.