FLEET FEET ASHEVILLE TRAINING PROGRAMS
Want to take your training up a notch for the Asheville Marathon & Half in Downtown Asheville?
Check out the Fleet Feet Training Programs!
Whether you are a first-timer or a returning part of the Fleet Feet Fam, a full or half-marathoner, or just looking for some group camaraderie, Fleet Feet has a great program for you!
- Information Night – December 19th, 2022 at 6 pm at Fleet Feet Asheville. Q&A with iDaph Race Director, Daphne Kirkwood, Asheville Personal Training, and Fleet Feet Training Programs staff
- Dates: January 5th, 2023 through March 16th, 2023
- Goal Race: Targeting the Asheville Marathon & Half in Asheville, NC on March 18th, 2023
- Workout Days: Thursdays at 6:00 pm and Saturdays at 7:30 am
- Cost: $150 (does not include the race fee)
Group Training Schedule:
- Thursdays at 6pm – Fleet Feet Asheville or other Asheville location. Workouts vary. (Hill repeats, track work, etc)
- Saturdays at 7:30am – Summit Coffee RAD – Long run.
Multiple mileage options each week, as mileage will vary depending on time of season and goal race!
As a participant you will receive:
- Weekly Newsletter with location and workout information
- Training Plan for your target Marathon or Half Marathon
- Safe and organized weekly group long runs with pre-planned routes, turn-by-turn directions, water/aid stations, and mentor led pace groups
- Mentored weekday workouts including hill repeats, track workouts, and fartleks, all scaled to your particular goal distance
- Training program swag
- Half-way celebration!!
- Race Day VIP experience
- Extra sessions and clinics to go through training principles and topics, chat community partners, and provide more community
- Support from community partners in physical therapy, strength training, nutrition, yoga, and more!
- 10% in-store discount
- Discount on race registration!
Fleet Feet will be targeting the Asheville Marathon & Half scheduled for Saturday March 18, 2023. The Asheville Marathon & Half courses are USATF certified. The Asheville Marathon is a Boston Qualifier! Even if you’re running another spring race they’d love to have you join them! They’ll be able to plan around almost anything!
Safety is their number one priority and they will be following all local and state guidelines and mandates.
“I have told many people that I firmly believe the Asheville Marathon course helped me prepare for the Boston Marathon, which also has a few hills (most of them in the second half, including “Heartbreak Hill”). I ran my best Boston Marathon time ever this year.” – Francine Robinson (participant – 2nd Place in Women 55-59)
“Firstly, just wanted to thank you on a really incredible event. I’ve run marathons in 16 states and I have to say this is one of the top 5 I’ve run. The staff was fantastic, super friendly and the course was so well marked. The aid stations were also really well stocked, which makes a huge difference. Everything about the race was well done. Thank you for all your work.”
–Vincent Rossmeier – top 5 men