Interested in volunteering? We can’t wait to have you be part of the action and the fun! We cannot produce this event without help from all our volunteers! Volunteering is so rewarding and participants will remember you for years to come!! We are so deeply appreciative of the support you are able to provide for the event. Your time and energy are vital for the success of this race in our community.
There are a variety of ways to help as a volunteer – and runners couldn’t be more thankful for the support on race day, even if just to stand and cheer! Family and friends are encouraged to volunteer at the event to see your family member up-close and personal during the event!
Please email email@example.com to get signed up! Please include the date and time frame for your availability and we’ll get in touch with you!
Perks of Volunteering!
– Complimentary shirt, to show our gratitude for your time
– Goody Bag
– Being part of the amazing day and the memorable experience for the runners
“I really had alot of fun helping out. Who knew that I would enjoy packet pick up so much?! Had a great time! Thank you, too, for all your organization and making it a fun experience.” — Gail King, 2014 VIV
- Must be dependable, friendly and have a good attitude!
- Must be able to work outdoors in any weather conditions.
- Must be able to follow instructions and arrive ON TIME on race morning!
- Due to the nature of the course and keeping traffic to a minimum on the marathon course. Volunteers must be available to stay at their post for the entirety of the race. Some spots will require you to be in your designated location for 6-8 hours. We encourage you to bring a snack for yourself, a chair and layers of clothes.
- Due to the length of the event 6 1/2 – 8 hrs, we discourage children under the age of 15 from volunteering for this event.
If you are a little bossy, enjoying being a ‘go to person’, and thrive in a leadership role, we are looking for some talented and experienced volunteers to assist in several key areas on race day! If you have been a lead volunteer at a water station or had a leadership position as a volunteer at a race or a marathon, please email us.
“I want to thank the bicycle volunteer (Julie) for staying right with me the entire race. Her kindness and terrific attitude helped me reach my goal. I would also like to thank the Julie that walked with me the last mile and a half. Her encouragement and enthusiasm for me was incredible. She also gave me a big hug at mile 3. It will be hard to top the volunteer crew of the 2014 Asheville Marathon/Half Marathon at any other running event on the planet thanks to these two wonderful Julies!!” — 2014 Participant
“There was a guy that was extremely helpful to me and my boyfriend over the course of the weekend. He was stationed for a bit at the shuttle ticket table. I, shamefully, never got his name. He told us about a great place to eat, helped direct us to where we needed to go and after the race helped Matt switch out his race shirt for a larger size. So even though I don’t know his name, I wanted to pass along our thanks to you, him and all the volunteers at the expo and race. It was a great event!” — Dawn Johnson, 2014 Participant
EMAIL SUPPORT@IDAPH.NET TO GET INVOLVED!