FULL & HALF MARATHON
and Backyard to Vineyard Challenge!
Registration & Race Details
Saturday, March 11th
Sunday, March 12th
RUN both in the backyard to vineyard challenge!
- Exclusive use of the estate roads for running in the event. Minimal to no vehicular traffic on the east and west sides makes this destination marathon and half event even more serene, authentic & exquisitely beautiful.
- Race headquarters hotel reserved room blocks or a Biltmore Farms hotel. Have the convenience of walking out the front door of your hotel to the start line and stay at the Inn on Biltmore Estate or the new Village Hotel at Biltmore.
- Staying off-site? We offer a convenient VIP Race Day Shuttle Transportation Service to the start line and from the finish, for just $10. More Info on our Directions & Transportation page.
- Personalized race number (bib)
- Goody bag full of freebies – rated the best race bag swag ever!
- Official cutom-designed participant t-shirt (available only at Race Expo)
- Full Marathon Finishers Award
- Post-race food including beer from Michelob Ultra
- Post-race bag-check area
- Post-race freebie to keep you warm!
- Opportunity to qualify for Boston! (marathon only)
The 5th Annual Asheville Marathon & Half are limited to 3,050 runners (1,525 per day) and will sell out quickly. Approximately 1/3 of the marathon race is run on paved surfaces and the other 2/3 of the marathon are on packed dirt and gravel roads. The half marathon course will follow the same roads for the first ten miles as the marathon course, however only marathoners get to run across the bridge to the West Side of the Estate. Half Marathoners will continue the final three miles of their run on the east side of the estate – along the flat, dirt carriage roads beside the French Broad River.
No Expo or Race Day Registration Available.
Other ways to get an entry into the Half or the Full Marathon at Biltmore:
- Race with one of our Charity Partners: (limited entries available).
- Sign up for one of exclusive VIP Packages (limited entries available).
Participants under 18 must have a parent or legal guardian sign their Registration Waiver for all events. We do not recommend that participants under 18 run in the full marathon event, minimum age for marathon is 16 years old. There is no age maximum, if you can run, you are welcome!
We are sorry, but we do not offer refunds for this event. However, we will issue you a 50% off discount code for the 2018 event if you notify us of your cancellation in the 2017 event by February 1, 2016.
NOTE: You may not GIVE your entry to a friend to run in your place! Due to USATF rules and regulations, each participant must register themselves and sign their own waiver. Any runner who is participating with another participant’s bib number will be disqualified. Photo ID’s and bib numbers will be checked at the race expo as well as at the entrance to the estate on race morning. Any runner on the race course without a bib will be pulled from the race immediately.
The spectator fee is an entrance fee for spectators to get on to Biltmore Estate property, which is privately owned and not open to the general public.
ONE DAY TICKETS:
- $18 + tax for Biltmore Annual Passholders
- $23 + tax for those without Annual Pass
- Upgrade to house visit $29 + tax
- Upgrade to annual pass $69 + tax
TWO DAY TICKETS:
- $28 + tax for Biltmore Annual Passholders
- $33 + tax for those without Annual Pass
~Runners that want to visit the house on Friday or Monday will need to purchase a $33 + tax (two day ticket) plus the adult upgrade ticket $29 + tax
~Runner + Spectator tickets can be upgraded for house visits on race day at one of the Guest Service kiosks on the Biltmore Estate – NOT at the Race Expo. Upgrades can be purchased at the Group Sales Office on Biltmore on Friday, March 10 (with race/spectator ticket in hand) until the office closes at 5pm and from 6:00am-5pm on Saturday, March 11 & Sunday, March 12. They can also be purchased at the main ticket center from 8:30am-6:30pm and Biltmore’s other guest service locations on property during Biltmore’s normal operating hours.
Spectators tickets available for purchase on the following dates and locations:
Friday, March 10th, 11am-7pm – Race Expo at DoubleTree Hotel
Either Race Morning at Group Sales Office on Biltmore Estate beginning at 6:00 am
Join our volunteer team!
It takes hundreds of volunteers to make the Asheville Marathon & Half run smoothly. Seize the opportunities to volunteer at this event to come and check it out or do a little extra if you are racing this weekend. We take good care of our volunteers with food, drinks, and a comfy volunteer t-shirt.