8 Reasons to Make the 8th Asheville Marathon & Half your next girls’ weekend
by Julia DiTillio Bips
Mountain air. Flowers in bloom. Wine. Have I gotten your attention yet?
The Asheville Marathon is the perfect excuse for a girls’ weekend getaway for you and your #bestrunningfriends!
1. Your training buddies will help you stay motivated all winter long. Holiday parties and dwindling daylight have nothing on you, you strong female warrior!
2. With both the half and full distance and two days of races, there’s something for everyone in your run crew!
3. Whether you opt for a hotel room on the Biltmore grounds such as the Inn on Biltmore Estate or the Village Hotel, or a cabin in the surrounding mountains, you’ll still be convenient to the race start and all that Asheville has to offer.
4. THE EXPO. Do you enjoy shopping? Do you like free stuff? Do you love locally sourced race merch? Then the Asheville expo at Double Tree Hotel in Asheville Biltmore is the place for you! Every year, a variety of vendors turn out with everything from t-shirts made on the spot to commemorative race socks and bottles of wine.
5. With everything else you have going on in life, race weekend should not be complicated or confusing. Beginning a few months out, you’ll start to receive information about race weekend. On race weekend, volunteers will be able to answer every question you may have about parking, shuttles, and race morning logistics.
6. The views on the course make for the perfect backdrop for your next Instagram post. Adorable farm animals? Check. Potentially snowy mountain views? Check. Flat miles along the French Broad River? A loop in front of the iconic Biltmore House? A shiny PR bell? Check, check, check.
7. Asheville makes for the perfect setting for a weekend away, with tons of breweries, eateries, and local boutiques for whatever your scene is. Read our past blog about what to do in Asheville.
8. Sightseeing around Biltmore post-race is a must. Tour the house, stretch your legs by checking out the gardens, enjoy a free tasting at the winery, or indulge at one of the many top-notch restaurants on the Biltmore property… you earned it!