Join us for more info on the local community training program on Wednesday, October 25th:
6:00 pm — Group Run at Biltmore Park. (all levels and abilities welcome) Meet in front of Fleet Feet Sports.
6:45 pm ish— Intro to Training Program and sign-ups at Fleet Feet in Biltmore Park.
Snacks and Beer Provided! Come join the FUN!
- Complete training plan to get you to the start and finish line for the half or the full marathon.
- An official ‘In Training’ tee with a training plan sign-up and attendance of the community kickoff training event on Wednesday, October 25th.
- Swag from our Asheville Marathon & Half partners such as Nuun, and more…
- Friends to run with all fall and winter long.
- Discounted race entry for the Full and Half marathon.
- A Techniques Class — One for the marathoners and one for half marathoners, at the beginning of each of the respective training periods, held at UNCA Track
- Long Training Runs — All long runs will take place on terrain and surfaces similar to the Asheville Marathon and Half Marathon and include some specific technique instruction for the course. See Training Program Schedule below.
- General weekday Group Runs (optional) — With experienced Training Group Leaders for all levels and abilities of runners; Including Danny Dreyer from Chi Running, Chi Running Staff, Fleet Feet of Asheville staff and trainers as well as prior participants that have completed the Chi Running training and the AVL Marathon or Half Marathon previously! Locations, times, and distances are given when you register for the training program.
- Digital version of our training program.